1) According to recent studies, work stress may lead to increased risk of cardiac complications in men, diabetes in women and it may also shorten DNA strands linked to longevity.
2) A genuine smile lowers your heart rate and alleviates stress. So next time you are in traffic, try smiling even if you have to fake it in the beginning. Haha!
3) Dwelling on stress can make matters worse. That’s right your reaction to stress impacts your physical health.
4) Chronic stress puts men at increased risk for diabetes.
5) Work issues and job stability are biggest contributers to milennial stress.
6) Learning to be present (using techniques such as art therapy and mindfulness meditation) helps alleviate stress and improve health.
7) Stress plays a role in drug relapse. Personally, we don’t think this is anything new but glad it’s getting attention. It’s important not to turn to drugs/alcohol (i.e. self-medicate) when under stress.
8) Stress impacts the body’s ability to regulate inflammation which in turn lowers immunity and places a person at risk for catching a cold.
9) Stillbirths are 2.5% higher in women with major stressful life events.
10) Also, according to researcher bring your clean, friendly, pet to work could also help alleviate stress. Of course, if you cannot take your pet to work then spends some time regularly playing with your beloved pet.
Stress in contagious! Avoid secondhand stress by following our blog and utilizing our